August Reading List

Now that I have graduated and am free of reading lists dictated by Uni, these are the books I'll be reading for pleasure this month.


The Power - Naiomi Alderman

The Power resonates with Margaret Atwood's more feminist writing while taking it to a whole new level. Through several different narrative voices, The Power tells the story of a world where women become the dominating gender thanks to the power of electricity through their fingertips. I've already started this, and cannot wait to see how it turns out. A fresh new view on gender relations that I can't wait to review.

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

A bit late to the party with this one, but The Goldfinch has been on my list for a while. An insight into domestic America, The Goldfinch relates to a lot of the themes I explored in my diss. It will be nice to read what about what fascinates me without an essay in mind.

The Fellowship of the Ring - JRR Tolkien

After three years of reading classics because I have been told so, its nice to have the option of reading hefty, well loved books by choice. I'm audio-booking this one, so its a slight cheat, but I'm hoping I will gain a new appreciation for the franchise which, frankly, I'm a bit underwhelmed by, by experiencing the original narrative.


Comments

Popular Posts