10/10 would not recommend

I do a lot of scrolling on Netflix and Sky movies, and I occasionally come across stuff which makes me shudder because it was that terrible. So I've done a lot of praising recently now here's a list of things I regret spending time watching.


Once Upon a Time

Both me and my best mate agree the time we spent watching this show was a strange time in our lives. We started watching Once thinking it was a fantastic premise- disney, fantasy worlds- and we could get past the shit acting. But then you get hooked and you're on season 6 and realise you have wasted 112 hours of your life watching a show that is never going to end and is NEVER going to improve its CGI. Even if you love Disney, I am telling you now, don't do it.

Split

Split is equally difficult to talk about, because I was really looking forward to it. After watching the trailer approximately 26 times I decided this was going to be the best thriller of the year. But instead, I spent the whole film waiting for a twist that made no sense because I hadn't seen an irrelevant Shyamalan film from 20 years ago. James McAvoy is great, but its completely pointless because the film is slow and boring.


SKINS

I am not in any way saying that when we loved SKINS we shouldn't have. I spent my young teenage years waiting with bated breath for the next series, and drooling over the likes of Freddie and Cook. But when you think you're going to watch it back for old times sake, don't. Because with age I have realised the scripting is terrible, the acting is wank, and frankly whoever directed it obviously has no idea about the wasted youth (when Panda eats an entire gram of MDMA she should go into a seizure, just saying).

Into The Woods

I love musical theatre, so when Disney released this I was like fuck yeah, film versions of musicals always go well. But I was wrong. I hadn't really heard of Into The Woods and now I know why. It's boring and makes no sense. And I know musicals don't generally make sense but this is a new level. WHY DISNEY, of all the musicals, did you have to adapt this one.

You Me Her

The same friend who got excited about Once got addicted to this with me as well. We watched the whole of the season in about three days because the plot was just too fascinating for us. A three way relationship had to be pretty good on telly. But by the time we reached the end we realised the whole thing could have been told in an hour and a half rom com, and that we weren't actually laughing anymore because the jokes were all the same. And we had, once again, wasted 6 hours of our lives on something we didn't really enjoy. Pat on the back to me and Emily for being mindless sheep of Netflix, once again.

Comments

Popular Posts