Alternative Fringe

Seance (Darkfield, Every 20 mins all day at Summerhall)



Now, I'm obviously biased because I love horror, but, even if you don't, I recommend this immersive experience at Fringe this year. Only 20 minutes long, Seance surrounds you in haunting and uncomfortable noises to make you question whats real and marvel at the power of acoustic technology. 

I don't want to say to much about the show, because to do so would be a spoiler, but you are essentially plunged into complete darkness and then you hear the entire experience through headphones. It all happens in a small shipping container, standing outside of which is tense enough. 1) if you go, don't you dare keep your phone on. And 2) if you're not one for claustrophobia or the dark this definitely isn't for you. I would also recommend going on your own, as I did the first time (yes I've been three times) because the show has the full effect if you really question it afterwards.

It really makes you believe that it is happening around you, and to be honest that's all I can say. It's gripping and haunting and just one of the most intelligently produced things I have seen in my life. I'm impressed, Darkfields, and it takes a lot to impress this horror fanatic. 



Comments

Popular Posts