10/10 would not recommend pt. 2

Sorry, wasn't done ranting about the things I dislike. (Please know these are my unprofessional opinions and I do not claim to be totally right in any of them).

The Keepers   

For anyone that loved Making a Murderer, this one pains me a bit to criticise. I think the show's downfall was that it was advertised as a new Making a Murderer, and so a lot of people were disappointed. The Keepers makes a fantastic point about Catholicism, and honestly presents the corruption that occurs within the religious sector. However, it should have been condensed into a documentary, and not an 8 hour TV show.  By the end it was repetative, and I feel like the point was made from the outset, rather than intensified by 7 pointless hours of TV.

Man in the High Castle

This show was definitely over-hyped for its plot. A really clever premise is approached in the wrong way by Amazon here. I liked the characters and the cinematography but in the end it just didn't make sense, and it took so long to reveal anything that I wasn't enthused to watch season 2.








REC 3 Genesis

This is definitely a personal one to me which many people will say Rach, what were you expecting. REC and REC 2 are hands down my favourite zombie movies of all time; the way that one seamlessly leads into the other is so impressive, plus they're fucking scary. So my logic went REC 3 is gonna be great too. Little did I know that they gave up the hand cam for this sequel and had just one loose link to the first two. All in all, disappointing, shit and not scary.



I AM SO SORRY, but Mad Men

Deepest apologies to the thousands of people and esteemed critics that love this show. But, I am not a professional, this is just my opinion. I've just come to the conclusion that Mad Men is too intellectual for me. The first season tired me out and took, what felt like, all my brain power to finish. Thus, the prospect of another four seasons was too daunting, and I just couldn't be arsed. I know its fantastic, but this is not a show for anyone with an even slightly reduced attention span, otherwise you just won't follow.

10 Cloverfield Lane

Not being a massive fan of Godzilla, this wasn't too much of a disappointment. The film itself is great, all the performances and the script and even the plot until the last 20 mins. I just feel like this would have been a better film by being more subtle with its connection to its predecessor, as the final scene felt forced and was kind of embarrassing in my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts